How to Qualify for Property Tax Exemption Under Governmental Ownership

Property owned by a federal or state agency is exempt by ownership only.

Property owned by a local government is exempt by ownership & use.

Click on one of the gray boxes at right to determine which documents are required for the form of government you represent.

Additional information is also available by clicking on the bar at top entitled “B.O.R. 16 Exemption Rules” or by calling 312-603-6651 to speak with a B.O.R. staff member.